The prices of all the courses have been calculated for the attendance of 15 persons
CONTRACTOR’S HEALTH & SAFETY FILE AND PLAN
This one day workshop explains the Health and Safety File (also known as the Contractor Safety File) which is a record of information focusing on the management of health and safety on construction sites for contractors and sub-contractors.
It protects the employer from criminal liability and proves compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
The workshop is about informing the SMME of what the requirements are in developing a safety file and the documentation needed to be compliant to the client’s Health and Safety specification.
FIRST AID LEVEL 1
This is a two day course and is geared towards persons requiring a Department of Labour First Aid Certificate for work purposes or for individuals who need to know how to perform basic first aid skills.
First Aid training can save lives with the right medical assistance.
Training enhances safety awareness and helps to diminish the number of accidents in the workplace.
APPLY OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ENVIRONMENTAL PRINCIPLES
This is a three day workshop and is based on unit standard 113852.
The outcome of the workshop is so that individuals are able to –
- Identify hazards
- Evaluate and report hazards
- Preventative measures and training
- Organise OHS information
FUNCTIONS OF THE WORKPLACE HEALTH AND SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE WORKSHOP
The two-day workshop is based on unit standard 259622 and covers –
- Framework of workplace health and safety legislation
- Specified requirements to conduct safety, health and environmental representation activities
- Address safety, health and environment related issues within the scope of authority
- Comply with the activities within safety, health and environmental structures.
This is a one day theory and practical workshop based on unit standard 12484 and covers –
- Procedures for dealing with fires in the workplace
- Identify the type of fire, its context and select the appropriate fire fighting procedure
- Identify, select and check appropriate fire fighting and safety equipment
- Fight containable/extinguishable fires
- Retreat from fire site and hand over to appropriate personnel
- Report/record status of fire and equipment
TENDERING PROCESS / COSTING AND PRICING
This is a two day workshop that –
- Introduces the student to costing and pricing a bid
- Takes the student through the elements of tender costing
- Direct cost
- Indirect cost
During the estimating process the student is shown how to determine bottom line cost. The student is made aware that –
- Overestimated costs result in higher tender prices and rejection by the client.
- Underestimated cost could lead to a situation where a contractor incurs losses.
This one day workshop takes the students through the importance of a business being compliant and obeying all legal laws and regulations on how to manage the business, employees and the treatment of consumers.
Compliance training helps in understanding the legal boundaries within which a company operates.
BUSINESS PLANS – R5,400.00
This is a two day course.
A business plan contains the company’s strategy going forward in order to ensure sustainability and growth of the business.
Students are taken through the importance of the business plan and that it should be based on facts and market research so that potential investors can decide whether or not they want to invest in the business.
CUSTOMER SERVICE / MOMENT OF FIRST IMPRESSION
This is a one day workshop on the importance of the first impression a contractor makes on a client.
This is a two day course where the learning objectives are –
- How to maintain accounting records in order to make informed financial decisions and to provide insight into areas of potential problems
- How to improve pricing of products or services to ensure profitability
- How to stay tax compliant
- How to get value from creating budgets and forecasts
- How to manage and improve your cash flow in business
- How to be more tax efficient in your business
This two day course takes the student through the following –
- What is business?
- View of personal entrepreneurial characteristics.
- Business reality check
- Develop action steps to address the areas needing improvement
- Understanding the basic business cycle.
- Gain a comprehensive overview of business planning and strategic management processes
- Look at market research methods that can be used to verify assumptions about customers and competitors
- Understand marketing concepts – market mix, market share, unique selling points
- Develop a basic marketing offer and map out how to approach clients/customers (sales plan)
- Understand operations concepts
- Design an operations system framework (material, labour, administration, finance) that is well-organised and can be successfully managed
- Learn to develop realistic budgets and forecasts
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (ADVANCED)
This is a three day course where the objectives of the course are –
- Project management concepts and fundamentals
- Project initiation
- Project execution
- Project closure
- Project management plan
- Project organisation
- Managerial process plans
- Technical process plans
- Corrective action plan
FOOD HANDLING WORKSHOP / FOOD SAFETY FOR CATERERS
- Establish student’s basic understanding of food safety
- Introduction to food safety
- Food-borne illnesses
- Responsibilities of food handlers
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning and sanitising (clean as you go principle)
- Cross-contamination and food storage
- Food storage limits
- Regulations governing food safety
- Toxic chemicals and pest control
- Food core temperatures
- Basic Health and Safety
Contact Us Now!
The prices of all the courses have been calculated for the attendance of 15 persons.
Sign up here to receive our newsletter with the latest course dates and happenings.
BASIC COMPUTER TRAINING
This is a two day course where an SMME will –
- Learn how to operate a computer
- Be shown the generic function usage of a computer
- Managing files
- Typing skills (Computer Based Training)